Sometimes bad days happen. When little babies are not sleeping much at night, these bad days happen more often. I very much dislike having bad days and being cranky.
After drinking a few cups of coffee and realizing my headache wasn’t going to go away, I tried a different approach. Everything is always about perspective, is it not? I’m upset that I didn’t get much sleep, but what about everything else I do have? Like what about the people who have terrible jobs? (Yes, that escalated quickly.) They have to deal with it every day.
I did a quick google search of worst jobs in the world, and here are the top 5 that stood out as the worst:
1. Mosquito researcher – hanging out with mosquitoes all day, the bites, the buzzing, ugh!
2. Odor tester – deodorant and armpit smeller anyone?
3. Honey bucket cleaner – yeah.
4. Road kill collector – is that a cat? Or a raccoon? Oh it’s a puppy.
5. Taco Bell janitor – especially on Taco Tuesday.
All of a sudden my headache and sleep deprivation don’t seem quite so bad anymore.
Of course I also had to check up what the Bible has to say about bad days. I love how The Message translates this verse:
“On a good day, enjoy yourself; on a bad day, examine your conscience. God arranges for both kinds of days so that we won’t take anything for granted.”
Ecclesiastes 7:14 MSG
Good day, welcome!